There is a new way consumers are relating to brands.
This is through a blog, allowing direct comments from prospects, customers or clients to a business about its products or services.
These comments or running commentary, as communicated via a blog, is known as 'brand journalism'.
So how do you create a good blog to tap into Brand Journalism?
Sally Fulkow, a web content specialist provides these tips:
"Search engines like text, good content focused on keywords, and links. No wonder they like blogs. A well executed corporate blog will
· Increase your footprint on the Internet with a ‘cloud’ of content on your subject
· Create top ten search results on many keywords relevant to your industry
· Establish you as an expert on these subjects
· Raise awareness of your company, product or service
· Create interaction with your customers
· Give your company a human voice
· Make the company more real to your customers, raising the affinity and understanding.
· Increase your brand value
· Raise your visibility with the mainstream media
By blogging in a platform that understands and mirrors the search engines, and by learning how to write good blog content based on researched keywords, you can achieve uncommon results." Source: International Association of Online Communicators blog.