Effective Personal Productivity: How To Focus on 'High Pay-Off' Activities

By Thomas Murrell MBA, CSP International Business Speaker

What are the keys to effective personal productivity?

I've been spending time working with my business coach on growing my business.

We've spent a long time defining my personal productivity and what high pay-off activities I need to do to achieve my business and personal goals.

One goal was to diversify my services, and I'm now doing a lot of one-on-one coaching with clients.

I'm a big fan of Matt Church and his latest email provides a range of questions to help you focus.

Here they are:

1. Is this activity the best use of my time?

…if not change what you are doing.

2. What is the most valuable thing I could do for my client today?

…then figure out how to do it.

3. How dollar productive is today's activity? …decide what you can do to make it better this time or next time.

4. What do I do that someone else could do just as easily?

…then stop doing it.

Source: "Don't just be busy! Be busy doing those activities that are the most valuable.", Globe eNewsletter, 20th June 2005.

These are good questions to ask yourself to maximise your own personal return on investment.

If you are interested in my personal coaching program, visit my website and email me.

Tom