In the November issue of Harvard Business Review (HBR), [subscription required] Jonathan Schwartz, blogger, COO/President of Sun Microsystems, has written an article for corporations considering starting a company blog.
Here are the highlights:
* use an honest, humorous, and open voice
* show respect for the audience
* don’t treat blogging like advertising
* don’t micro-mange … communicate the guidelines and let company bloggers loose
* revisit and modify your company’s blogging policy if need be
* listen to feedback
* respond to legitimate feedback
* "Authenticity is paramount."
Source:BL Ochman's What's Next News
Tuesday, November 15, 2005