Nanz Chong-KOMO Story


What happens when your carefully researched and culturally appropriate stories and case studies go wrong? Well, my YouTube tip on how I turned a near speech faux pas into a valuable lesson about business fundamentals is very timely. In fact, its the closest I've ever come to having a disaster for a speech given at an International conference. It proves the value of having local on the ground contacts in a foreign country and meeting with them prior to the event. I cringe what would have happened if I had gone ahead and shared this case study on Singaporean entrepreneur, international model and businesswoman Nanz Chong-KOMO in its original form.

By the way the clip is about my personal experiences for a presentation in front of more than 600 people on the 20th of August 2003 at a packed ballroom in the Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel Singapore, when I was the keynote speaker for the Public Relations Academy annual conference Strategic Communications: Perception Is Reality conference. Some of you may have met me at that event. The story is recalled as part of my program on The Brand Is You: How To Build A Powerful Personal Brand. View here and see if you cringe as well!

Book for this seminar or a speaker for your next event here.